WellSpan Health recognizes the ongoing demand for Medical Assistants in the physician office setting. Therefore we offer externship opportunities for students in Medical Assistant programs. The externship experience is not a focus on “teaching the student,” but rather approached as providing real life “work experience” for students.
WellSpan currently partners with the following schools to offer externships for their students:
- Central Penn College
- Consolidated School of Business
- Fortis Institute
- Frederick Community College
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Kaplan Career Institute of Harrisburg
- Keystone Technical Institute
- Lancaster County Career and Technology Center
- Tesst College of Technology in Towson
- York County School of Technology
- Yorktowne Business Institute
- YTI Career Institute
To apply for a Medical Assistant externship at WellSpan, please contact your school advisor or coordinator. The advisor or coordinator will then submit the request to WellSpan at least 60 days prior to the start of the externship. WellSpan will review the request and will contact the student for an interview if there is space available. Submission of a request does not guarantee the student an externship. To be considered for an externship, students must attend an accredited on ground (online students do not qualify for these externships) program.