As construction begins on the new WellSpan York Hospital Emergency Department, a number of campus access changes will occur.
Beginning Monday, Aug. 4:
- The employee shuttle will drop off and pick at the cafeteria and Ketterman Building entrances only.
- Tower Drive (roadway behind the patient care tower) will be closed to traffic.
- Terrace level patient pickup and drop-off and WellSpan Pharmacy will be accessible through the front parking garage – level 2.
- Employees can access the front parking garage via Rathton Road.
- West Drive (roadway from South George Street to the helipad) will intermittently become one lane onto the campus; exit will be via Irving Road. Restricted access to West Drive will occur sporadically between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. West Drive will be unrestricted during off hours.
- Driveway from West Drive to the south parking lot (behind Lot 5) will be closed to traffic.
- Entrance to, and exit from, the south parking lots will be at the entrance closest to Irving Road – at Lot 8.
- Pedestrian traffic will be able to exit Lot 5 at the north end of the lot; a walkway will be provided.
- Receiving dock on the Terrace level of the patient care tower will be open, but with restrictions.
- All routine ambulance transport will move from the south entrance area of the hospital to the north entrance off of the main drive.
To alleviate the congestion at the front of the hospital at the north and main entrances:
- All patient discharges should go through the Terrace entrance.
- All care areas that give patients and families directions for dropping off patients for outpatient procedures should be directed to the Terrace entrance.
Your cooperation and understanding during this construction phase is greatly appreciated.
Once the WellSpan York Hospital Emergency Department project is completed in 2017, patients will experience less waiting time and more timely care, thanks to a larger facility and more efficient processes.
Other benefits include safer, specialized care through new state-of-the-art rooms, as well as more privacy during treatment, care and counsel.