WellSpan General Surgery - Lancaster County
Mon - Fri 8:30am - 4:30pm
Sat - Sun Closed
WellSpan General Surgery
Ephrata Health Pavilion
175 Martin Ave.
Map & Driving Directions
Mon - Thu 8 am - 5 pm
Fri 8 am - 4 pm
Sat - Sun Closed
Services We Provide
- Laparoscopic colon and gallbladder procedures
- Laparoscopic hernia surgery
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Anorectal procedures
- Thoracic surgery
- Lung cancer surgery
- Video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS)
- Aortic aneurysm repair (open and stent graft techniques)
- Treatment of lower extremity claudication and rest pain arteriography, angioplasty and stenting
- Carotid surgery
- Dialysis surgery
- Treatment of varicose veins
* Note that vascular surgery is performed at the Grandview Drive (Ephrata) location.
Make an Appointment
Call our office during regular business hours. See details above in our list of office hours.
Request a Prescription Refill
Prescription refills should be addressed during your routine office visit. If you need a written prescription before your next scheduled visit, please call the office during regular business hours 24-48 hours before you need it.
Please contact our office during regular business hours for general health and non-urgent questions.
We answer our phone 24-hours-a-day for emergencies. If you are experiencing a life-threatening condition, dial 911 or go to the closest emergency department immediately.
Prepare for Your Appointment:
Our physicians and staff strive to partner with you and your family to achieve the best health care possible. To help us serve you and other patients better, please:
- Give us as much notice as possible if you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment so we may offer that time to another patient.
- Call as early as possible if you have an immediate need to be seen due to illness or injury.
- Be prepared to give our receptionist complete information when you call, including the reason(s) for your visit. This will allow us to schedule the appropriate amount of time to address your needs.
- Bring all medication in their original containers with you each visit so we can verify them and provide you with appropriate refills. Please note that we will not prescribe any new medicines by telephone.